I LOVE these muffins, and got a little obsessed with them a few weeks back when I was still in the throes of pregnancy nausea. I made a batch one weekend, ate those, and made a double batch (or maybe triple?) the following weekend. I still have some of those frozen and pull them when I need a quick breakfast or snack. They taste amazing whether fresh or frozen!
- 4 bananas (2 1/2 cups mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or other nut butter – I used peanut butter)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal (or coconut flour or favorite flour)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Chocolate chips or blueberries, optional (chocolate obviously isn’t paleo)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your bananas, eggs, nut butter, and butter in a blender, food processor, or mixing bowl and mix well. A double batch fit into my full-size blender just barely.
- Add almond or coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and blend again.
- Grease or paper-line a muffins pan. Fill muffin cups over 3/4 full (they won’t rise much).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes and transfer muffins to a cooling rack.
After posting this, I feel like I’m about to go on a kick of scarfing these down again this week. I’ll be keeping my eyes “peeled” for reduced brown bananas at the store!