July has been a blur….a good month filled with family, but busy. Over a period of 10 days, we had overnight guests for 9 of the days. For this week, Lo’s sister stayed with us for two days to watch Jenson while we were at work, my mom watched him one day and stayed through the weekend for a big car show that they always go to, and on Sunday we had a cookout with Lo’s family to celebrate lots of July birthdays.
1. Jenson wanted Boof’s hedgehog so bad and was so close…
2. and the Boof snatched it up.
3. Practicing his crawling position – mostly just rocking back and forth, though he’d scoot on his stomach sometimes.
4. He started sleeping on his stomach for part of the night occasionally. So cute.
5. – 8. Lo’s sister and our niece stayed with Jenson while we were at work for two days and he and Sadie had a blast. She’s almost 15 months older and they entertained each other pretty well. It was nice to spend the evening with Sadie. She calls me her Val. If someone says “That’s Jenson’s mommy” she says “no, that’s my Val”. Adorable.
Boof kept trying to sit in between me and the kids while we were playing. Apparently someone needed attention.
9. Just reading a book
10. and 11. Practicing rolling still. Sometimes he just forgets how and gets so frustrated.
12. Heading up for bathtime with daddy.
13. – 16. Jenson is always so funny with my dad. He’s shy around him at first, but then is constantly staring at him and smiling at him. I think he also loves that my dad is usually wearing neon shirts (from car shows). He was checking out his stubble in these pictures. He sat there for the longest time and just felt his face. I love the last picture – how they are both looking at the camera and Jenson has his hand on his chest.
17. – 20. My parents get up and go to the car show at like 5:30 in the morning so they can get their spot and dad can see all of the cars come in. So I always rescue my mom around noon so we can go do stuff. This time we went to the North Market again, where we had gluten-free crepes from Taste of Belgium and took him some macaroons from Pistacia Vera, and some popcorn from Pam’s Popcorn. We walked around the farmer’s market and my mom bought us some really neat handmade cutting boards. After that, we headed to the car, but since Jenson had fallen asleep in the carrier, we walked around Goodale Park so he’d nap for a bit longer. I love Goodale Park…I used to walk through there regularly when I was able to walk to and from work. Or when we’d walk to and from bars and restaurants in the Short North. It’s one of my happy places.
21. – 24. Jenson was back to staring at my dad. This time he was all about his hat. The last picture is so good – everyone is looking at the camera and smiling. Boof is even more about my dad than Jenson. He can’t even hold anything food based, or she follows him, barks, and is a harasshole until he gives her a piece, or finishes what he’s eating.
25. and 26. More pics staring at Pappap while he was resting on the couch.
27. and 28. Getting some loving from Gramma.
29. and 30. Food pics! I don’t even know what he was eating in the first one, but definitely some yogurt drops in the second one. He LOVES those things.
31. Riding on his truck. He can move it back and forth a little bit, and keeps his balance pretty well on this.
32. Passed out in his seat on the way to visit Lo’s family.
33. He did not enjoy wearing a party hat. Must have been uncomfortable on his chins.
34. Patrick walking with Sadie.
35. Hanging in the jumper
36. A rare moment that I got to hold him when we’re around family
37. Relaxing with his great-grandpa Peepaw
38. Sadie and Nana (so sweet)
39. Jenson got to meet his Aunt Apryl for the first time at this gathering.
40. I think he liked her.
41. Boof is a little leery when she’s sitting with him…I think he got a handful of skin here.
42. And then she does her standard stress yawn.
43. Teething face
44. Reading (or kissing) a book
45. – 52. He was making such cute and funny faces for this picture that I could only narrow it down to 6 pictures. 40 weeks. wow. It makes me sad how fast time has gone.