Jenson’s first birthday was Monday, October 6. I left work early to spend some extra time with him. That morning, he said bye bye and waved to me for the first time. It was like he suddenly grew up!
He also became a serious mockingbaby this week. He mocks our words, sounds, and even just syllables when he can’t repeat the words we say. It’s kind of hilarious because we won’t even know he’s listening, and he’ll repeat something we say. Now we really need to watch our mouths! Words that he said this week were: red, blue, yellow, blue, ball, boof, mama, dada, pappap, nana, cheeseburger, duck, sit, down, peekboo, more. Yes, he totally said cheeseburger during his birthday party – clear as could be. Our moms both heard it and were like, what?! Lo always says “say cheeseburger!” to him when he’s trying to get him to smile for pictures, so it’s a word he’s heard a lot.
His birthday party was a success! I’ll write about that in a separate post. Fun and relaxed though. My co-worker made a cute onesie for him. I designed it and just asked her to sew the stuff on since she’s good at that.
He could stand for 15 seconds at a time this week, and even stand from sitting/stooping on occasion, without support.
Photo Favorites: October 6 – 12, 2014
1. – 4. Test drive with his birthday onesie. I decided that the suspenders needed sewn down since they bulge out when he’s sitting and he could get his hand/arm caught in them when crawling. We thought it may be necessary, but just had her do it this easy way first. He gave me lots of funny faces and teeth shots.
5. – 8. More first birthday fun. He couldn’t figure out why he couldn’t pull the number off the onesie like the sticker.
9. I made him a quick sugar-free microwave banana oatmeal cake for him to have after dinner. It came out a little more dense than I’d like. I topped it with some whipped coconut milk. He looked excited for it at first.
10. and then he pulled a piece off of it and is looking at it here like “seriously?”
11. He didn’t seem to have high hopes for it.
12. He gave it a shot though. Ate some of it, fed Boof a lot of it, and probably hoped for a better cake at his birthday party.
13. After cake bath.
14. Yay for birthdays!
15. Reading his new birthday book with daddy – What does the fox say?
16. This is from the next night – he was checking out a gift from the neighbors – a cute rolling cat.
17. His face looks SO chubby here. Love it.
18. And this. He’s very expressive.
19. We let him play in the cabinet where we keep the plastic containers.
20. They both look guilty here.
21. Chowing down on some soup pieces.
22. “mom, I’m trying to eat here.”
23. Giving me faces
24. He examines every piece of food before he eats it. Sometimes if you “feed” him something, he’ll pull it out of his mouth and look at it, and then eat it.
25. My parents were on their way to visit so he was waiting at the door for Gramma and Pappap.
26. I think Jenson was telling Boof that they were coming.
27. Boof decided to wait too. She always gets excited when we tell her she’s going to see Pappap, because he gives her a bite of everything that he’s eating, plus lots of cheese.
28. And then I got a piece of cheese for myself, and they both came over to beg. Cheesehounds.
29. Just watching some football on Sunday. I won’t mention what game, or what happened in that game.
30. Sweet potatoes. Everywhere.
31. Helping dad load the dishwasher after my family left on the day after the party.
32. It was a tiring weekend. Time for a nap.