I’m weeks behind on my May Birchbox review because I was trying to catch up with all of the Baby Watch posts (which I’m behind on again…).
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service for upscale beauty products. For $10, you get a box with 4-5 generous samples including makeup, skincare, fragrance, body, and hair care. There’s no commitment to subscribe to more than one month, so it’s really low risk. You can review the products you receive each month for 10 points, and when you get to 100 points, it’s worth $10 off any product. So basically, after 2 months of reviews, you should have $10 off. Products that were sent in any of the Birchboxes for the month (no just yours) are eligible for free shipping, so you can get some really good deals. Wanna try Birchbox? I’d love it if you used my referral invite: Click here.
I hoped that I could cancel after this month because my reviews from this box would give me enough points for my $20 certificate, but since it was only 5 products instead of 6, like I sometimes get, I’m 2 points short of a $20 certificate. June’s box will get me the points though, so I’ll probably take a break after that. I have other things I should spend my money on….like a baby. I’m not sure what I’ll buy yet, but I really like the eyeliner I got in this box (but I’d try a different color). I’ll have to see if I love anything from June’s box before I decide.
- COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face – I used this when we went to the Zoo and don’t have any complaints about it. I didn’t get burned, so it did the job. I used it in place of moisturizer and it worked fine.
- Folle de Joie eau de parfum – I get so tired of receiving perfume. I like perfume, but I hardly ever think to put it on. A tiny sample bottle can last me years! I really did like this one though. I just would never spend money on a full-size bottle because I have 100 tiny samples of perfume to get through first. Which may take 100 years.
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle – I don’t really need a detangler, so this was kind of annoying to get. I actually used a little of it on my part to go to the Zoo since it has UV protector and my scalp tends to burn. It didn’t burn, but I think it wasn’t sunny enough.
- Sumita Color Intense Eyeliner – I got a fun blue color and I really like the way this goes on. It’s not very smudgeable, so I have to be careful putting it on, but it last pretty well. I had a little blue smudging underneath towards the end of the day, but that’s pretty good with my oily eyelids. If I don’t put any on my lower lids, I may be okay.
- Pilot Corporation of America Acroball PureWhite® – Seriously, a pen. This has nothing to do with beauty. Yes, it’s pretty, but not what I’m looking for in a Beauty Box.