October Foodie Penpal Reveal
It’s Foodie Penpal reveal day! Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean created this program last September to link foodies from around the world. On the 5th of the month, each participant is assigned a penpal to send a box of goodies to, and is assigned a different penpal from whom he or she will receive a foodie box.
This month I was paired to receive a box from Lindsey from Pas de Deux. Lindsey blogs with her sister, who lives on the opposite coast. They write about food, healthy living, daily life, dancing, and more. You should definitely check out their blog – I’ll be following from now on!
On to the goodies….this was one of the coolest boxes I’ve seen yet because she planned it like a menu.
- Beverage: Zico Coconut Water – Love this stuff and already drank it.
- Appetizer: Rice Chips and Salsa – I’m finishing up the bag as I type and I’ve also been putting the salsa on mahi-mahi burgers.
- Main Dish: Canned Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon – She must have read my mind because I’ve been craving Salmon Burgers again and didn’t have salmon.
- Dessert: Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Bar – This was good, but not my favorite texture for dark chocolate. I enjoyed it over a period of several days.
- Bonus Snack: Homemade Coconut Chia Energy Balls & Recipe – I LOVED these. They were perfect to grab one when I needed a little something. I bought chia seeds for the first time a week before she sent these, so I just need to get on making more!
Thanks so much Lindsey – I truly loved the box of goodies!
I was assigned to send a box to Anna. She doesn’t currently blog, but she may write up a reveal for me to post on my blog.
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for November, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by November 4th as pairings will be emailed on the 5th!