2013 April Birchbox Review
My April Birchbox didn’t have a lot of useful products for me again (more shampoo/conditioner and shower gel) and I think I’m going to cancel soon. I’ll probably wait until after next month because once I review the products, I should have enough points for $20 off products.
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service for upscale beauty products. For $10, you get a box with 4-5 generous samples including makeup, skincare, fragrance, body, and hair care. There’s no commitment to subscribe to more than one month, so it’s really low risk. You can review the products you receive each month for 10 points, and when you get to 100 points, it’s worth $10 off any product. So basically, after 2 months of reviews, you should have $10 off. Products that were sent in any of the Birchboxes for the month (no just yours) are eligible for free shipping, so you can get some really good deals. Wanna try Birchbox? I’d love it if you used my referral invite: Click here.
April Birchbox Items: The price in parenthesis is the price for the full-sized product, the samples are pretty generously sized, if not full-size.
- Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick ($26.55) – I really liked the texture and the look of this, except the color is HORRID for me. It was a red-orangy color that would only look good on a few people. I suspect it’s their worst seller and they just wanted to get rid of it.
- Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Color ($37-39) – I haven’t used this yet, but maybe I’ll take it to Vegas in two weeks and use it there. I’m SO tired of getting shampoo and conditioner.
- SKIN & Co Roma Cleansing Body Gel ($17.50) – I’m never going to spend $18 on shower gel. That’s just crazypants.
- Supergoop! Advanced SPF 40 Eye Cream ($45) – I like the line of Supergoop products because they are a safer line (regarding chemicals and such). I probably need to start to use an eye cream, but I don’t know if I need SPF because my lotion has it, and if it’s sunny out, I have on sunglasses bc I have sensitive eyes.
- Kusmi Tea Paris Wellness Essentials ($23.95) – I haven’t tried this. I may just give it to my mom.
Do you get Birchbox? What is your favorite product?
Check out my previous Birchbox posts: