Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a normal party food around these parts. Everyone loves it and no one ever seems to get tired of it. It’s so simple to make and you can make it in a slow cooker, the oven, or the stove top, depending on what suits your needs that day. We even made this on a camping trip in a very basic cabin that had only electricity (no water or appliances). Everyone ate so much of it before dinner that we decided to just eat that instead of grilling. I prefer to make it in a slow cooker because it stays warm for as long as we need it, but you need to remember to turn it to low or even just warm so it doesn’t burn around the edges.
I always serve it with celery sticks because it makes it feel slightly healthier. I’m fairly certain that doesn’t actually help. The recipe doubles easily if you need to feed a crowd.
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened*
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing (check for gluten)*
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce, additional to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (or rotisserie or 2 cans of chicken, drained)
- desired spices (I use a few shakes of onion flakes, pepper, and garlic powder)
- blue cheese, for garnish, optional (check for gluten)
- additional wing sauce or hot sauce for garnish, optional
- Tortilla chips, celery, and carrots for serving, as preferred
- Dump chicken, cream cheese, dressing, spices, wing sauce, and cheese in a small slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour, stirring regularly, or on low for 3 hours, stirring regularly.
- Transfer to serving dish or serve from the slow cooker. Top with cheese for garnish.
- If serving from slow cooker, turn to low or warm after melted.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese, dressing, and spices into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth. Mix in wing sauce, cheese, and chicken.
- Bake 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir.
- Garnish with additional cheese as desired.
- Mix chicken, cream cheese, dressing, spices, wing sauce, and cheese in a medium saucepan.
- Heat on medium until it starts to bubble, stirring regularly.