I made three types of gluten-free Easter treats last year and they were so good that I want to repost the recipes for this Easter in case anyone is in the baking mood. I already posted about the Gluten-free Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting, but these Chocolate Dipped Crispy Rice Eggs were my favorite. I used Gluten-free Koala Crisp, which is a chocolate-flavored crisp rice, but any type of crispy rice would work. I dipped half of the “egg” in chocolate and rolled it in crushed M&M’s and it was SO good that way and made them look so festive.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 40 large marshmallows (5 cups mini)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (I used GF Koala Crisp)
- Chocolate for dipping, melted chocolate chips or chocolate discs made for coating.
- sprinkles or crushed m&m’s
- Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat and add cereal. Stir until equally incorporated.
- Using a greased 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out some of the mixture and form into an egg. If it’s too hot to handle, wait until you can safely form it (or try wearing clean rubber gloves).
- Set aside and repeat until all of the mixture has been used up. Dampen hands occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Melt chocolate in microwave stirring every 15 seconds, or in a double boiler.
- Dip half of the egg into chocolate, then into sprinkles or crushed candy.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to two days. Freeze for longer storage.
Next up is the Peanut Butter No-Bake Nests!