The January Birchbox made up for me not loving December’s not-as-awesome box. I’m pretty pleased with all items and will get good use out of them. It’s always fun to get something in the mail and this month didn’t disappoint. This is my 12th month participating in this program and I’m not ready to quit yet!
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service for upscale beauty products. For $10, you get a box with 4-5 generous samples including makeup, skincare, fragrance, body, and hair care. There’s no commitment to subscribe to more than one month, so it’s really low risk. Wanna try Birchbox? I’d love it if you used my referral invite: Click here.
January Birchbox Items: The price in parenthesis is the price for the full-sized product, the samples are pretty generously sized, if not full-size.
- amika Color pHerfection Shampoo ($22) – I like the scent of this and was pleased with an amika deep conditioner that I received in another Birchbox. I haven’t used this yet, but I’m sure it will be good.
- Harvey Prince Skinny Chic Perfume ($21 – $55) – I really liked this scent and I didn’t really expect to. It’s a blend of meyer lemon, white grapefruit, and pink plumeria. I was afraid it would be too fruity, but it wasn’t. It’s very fresh.
- My Multipurpose Mattifying Moisturizer ($68) – I haven’t used this, but I suspect I’m going to really like it. I can definitely use mattifying products because I get shiny and I workout at lunch. It’s way more expensive than I’d be willing to pay though.
- theBalm cosmetics Hot Mama two-in-one blush and highlighter ($20) – The jury is out on this. I don’t think it’s a color I’d use as a blush – too peachy. But maybe as an eyeshadow? I still need to try it out.
- Birchbox Extra – Deborah Lippmann the Stripper to go ($12) – These are sweet scented nail polish remover mitts. One is supposed take off polish from 10 nails, so these would be very useful for traveling. I usually want to take a polish remover, but don’t want to take liquid with me.
Check out my previous Birchbox posts: