June Julep Maven “It Girl”
I had planned to skip June’s box because I was also receiving Birchbox and MyGlam, but the email for the month was too enticing – not only would I get 3 colors in my box, I’d also get a coupon for 1 Free polish of my choosing. I decided that 4 supposedly high quality nail polishes were worth $20 – especially since they are free of harmful chemicals: formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP (which a lot of nail polishes contain). Before we moved, I went through my nail polish and removed all of the polishes with the nasty chemicals, so I figured I deserved to get some new ones.
I was really impressed with the polish – it lasted longer than any other polish I used and I even forgot to add a topcoat for 4 days. I painted them on Friday and I think I finally had to add another coat on Tuesday. That may not seem like a long time, but again I forgot a topcoat and I’m pretty rough with my hands. We even went ziplining that weekend and I figured the gloves would make the polish chip or peel. Drying time varies between the polishes – I’ve noticed the “creme” ones seem thicker and take longer to dry, so they aren’t my favorite.
June “It Girl” Box
- Sasha, fresh, cantaloupe melon creme – I like color, but the formula seemed thick and not as smooth to apply.
- Morgan, frosty grape purple – This one went on like a dream. The color was darker than I’d hoped, but I still like it.
- Sandra, friendly, frosted magenta – Great color, great formula. I repainted my toes and tips with this color the next week for a wedding.
- Courtney, key-lime green creme (add on color for $4.99) – I finally just tried this and I don’t love it. The color is okay, but the formula was thick and didn’t apply evenly. There are tiny bubbles in it, so I don’t expect it to last long. It will be fine for my toes, but I won’t use it on my nails again. You can see the bubbles in the picture above.
- Julep Daylight Defense Lip Balm – this was just free extra in the box – pretty cool!
Since I got the June box, I figured I’d skip the July box, but I just got the email and LOVE the colors! Plus each box will have a free special 4th of July color (R,W,B Glitter), so that will be fun! I’ll review those after I receive them. I swear…I’m going to skip August!
If you’re interested in trying Julep Maven, please feel free to use my referral code!