May Birchbox Review
May Birchbox. Not a typo. I seriously am just reviewing this because I just opened the package on June 8. And when I opened it on June 8, I didn’t even really check everything out – I just rifled through it to see if there was anything that I would want to take with me to go out of town and/or to use for a wedding we were going to. The only thing that I thought about taking was the Stila Eye Liner. But then I took the cap off and realized it’s a liquid liner, and I admitted to myself that I am not capable of applying liquid eyeliner well enough to use it yet. So I stuffed everything back in the box so I could take a picture later, and I finally just did. The “theme” of the box was Gossip Girls, which I don’t watch, so I didn’t really care. I only know about the show because the stars are often in “U.S. Weekly”.
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service for upscale beauty products. For $10, you get a box with 4-5 generous samples including makeup, skincare, fragrance, body, and hair care. Wanna try Birchbox? I’d love it if you used my referral invite: Click here.
May Birchbox Items: The price in parenthesis is the price for the full-sized product, the samples are pretty generously sized.
- Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer ($90) – I haven’t tried this yet. I rarely find anything exceptional about a moisturizer, and certainly won’t pay $90. As long as it doesn’t irritate my skin, make me breakout, or smell like cat pee, I don’t really care.
- Arquiste Flor y Canto ($165) – I wasn’t excited to get another perfume sample (which reminds me – I forgot to give the Taylor Swift sample from my April box to my niece last weekend!). I also hate the samples that come in the little tube with the plastic cork thing you have to pull out – I much prefer a spray or roller sample. This hate was reinforced when I pulled out the cork and a bit splashed in my eye – not enough to burn really bad, just a little sting. It smelled really nice, which is should for $165. And my eyeball smelled quite nice that night too.
- BeautyBlender BlenderCleanser ($17.95) – I haven’t tried this, but I’m looking forward to cleaning my makeup brushed with this…and they probably need cleaned ASAP.
- Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($22) – The aforementioned eyeliner; it came in a really cool bronze color, so hopefully with some practice, I can actually put it on without looking like a 4 year old put my eyeliner on me. I don’t feel very hopeful. Maybe my friend can draw it on for me…. I love that it’s waterproof too.
- Birchbox Extra: Notecards ($10 for 12) – It seemed random to get 1 notecard as the extra, but it was cute enough and I already used it when I sent my June Foodie Pen Pal her Foodie Box (more on Foodie Pen Pal soon!)
I didn’t love this month’s box, but it was okay.
Check out my previous Birchbox posts: