Gluten Free Peanut Butter No-Bake Nests
This is my final repost of the gluten-free Easter treats I made last year. I thought these were just adorable, and assuming you like peanut butter no-bakes, they are delicious. Since I was making other treats, I halved the below recipe and it made 24 nests.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats (old fashioned)
- coconut, if desired
- m&m’s for “eggs”
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar, butter, and milk, and bring to a full, rolling boil over med heat. You should have large bubbles rising to surface that can’t be stirred down.
- Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter is melted; stir in oats.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture into mini muffin tins. Use a spoon to create a divot for the nest – you can also use your thumb if it’s cool enough.
- Stick in the freezer for 20 minutes or so. In order to get these out of the muffin tin, I had to slide a toothpick down the side of the each tin to pop out the nests.
- I used a dab of leftover peanut butter frosting (could also use peanut butter) to “hold” the coconut and m&m’s in the nest so they wouldn’t spill during transport, but it probably isn’t necessary.
These were so simple and so cute.