Lasagna is the ultimate comfort food…cheesy, meaty, saucy pasta. It seems complicated, but it’s not – especially when you let the noodles cook right in the lasagna – just layer and bake. Lasagna freezes well, so it never hurts to make a double batch and freeze one for later (or share the lasagna love and pass one on for another family to enjoy).
Red Gold Tomatoes is a family-owned, mid-western company has send me a lasagna kit so we could make our own home-made gourmet lasagna.
Red Gold is also hosting a promotion on the Red Gold Facebook page where they will give away a Le Creuset Lasagna Pan, a Simple Gourmet Lasagna Kit, Red Gold spatula, Garfield Toy, coupons and an apron twice a week through February 3.
Even better, Red Gold is giving away a lasagna kit to a reader so they can make their own easy lasagna. Enter below, and check out the recipe following. Giveaway will end on February 1, and winner will be contacted via email for an address. Click on the link below to enter if the Rafflecopter widget doesn’t appear.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Need an easy lasagna recipe? This one is simple and easy to customize. We swap out traditional lasagna noodles for gluten-free noodles when making it for our family.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes, or 2 (15 ounce) cans Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) box traditional lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) carton low fat ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (16 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- -Add 1 pound ground Italian sausage or lean ground beef, cooked and drained, to the tomato mixture of the basic recipe.
- -For added color, flavor and nutrition add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and water removed, as another layer after the cheese layers.
- -Add both Italian sausage and spinach for great nutritional value and appearance. Use each as a layer in the recipe.
- -Add fresh basil to sauce for added color and flavor or sprinkle fresh basil on top as a garnish.
- -Use fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, as an option to shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350o F. In large mixing bowl combine water, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan with 1½ cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with ½ of ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1½ hours; until noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- The recipe makes 12 servings, but you could divide the recipe into two 9x9 inch baking dishes and freeze one for a wintry night supper.