Red Gold All-in-One Lasagna
In honor of the Red Gold “Simply Fun, Simply You” Lasagna Party Sweepstakes on its Facebook page, Red Gold sent me an “All-In-One” gift pack of tomatoes, lasagna noodles, and a spatula to show me how easy it is to make lasagna using dry noodles that cook as you bake. Now that dry noodles are regularly available, I can’t imagine why anyone would bother with the old-school boil noodles.
Obviously, I can’t eat regular lasagna, so Lo and I usually make separate pans using regular and gluten-free noodles. When I say “we”, I mean Lo….he makes the lasagna for some reason. I had him follow the Red Gold All-in-One Lasagna recipes using gluten-free noodles and the Red Gold Tomatoes from the party pack, along with ground beef. It turned out really well – the flavor of the sauce was excellent thanks to the seasoned diced tomatoes. The only thing we would have changed would be to blend up the diced tomatoes a little bit to make them more saucy – the gluten free noodles can be a little harder, so the extra moisture would have helped in this instance.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (28 oz) can Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- 1 pound cooked ground beef (optional)
- 1 (16 oz) box no boil lasagna noodles (I used Tinkyada Gluten-free)
- 1 (15 oz) carton low fat ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In large mixing bowl combine water, RED GOLD® CRUSHED TOMATOES, RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES with BASIL, GARLIC & OREGANO, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13x2 inch baking pan with 1½ cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with ½ of ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce.
- Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1½ hours; until noodles are cooked.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Want to win the ingredients to make your own Red Gold Lasagna (or other great prizes)? Red Gold is hosting the “Simply Fun, Simply You” Lasagna Party Sweepstakes on its Facebook page now through February 5, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT. The sweepstakes, open to legal residents of the United States age 18 and older, are part of Red Gold’s efforts to inspire winter cooks to be creative, have fun with cooking, and invite family and friends to join in, all part of making your lasagna ‘Simply You’!
Each week, Red Gold will randomly select 1,000 winners to award a Red Gold Apron, giving away up to 3,000 aprons total. These winners are still eligible for the Grand Prize drawings.
The 3 Grand Prize Winners will each receive a Red Gold Lasagna Party Kit, including:
- a Red Gold apron and spatula
- a Garfield plush toy (remember how much he loves lasagna?)
- a Le Creuset Signature Cast-Iron Rectangular Roaster
- a $25 Visa Gift Card, and
- all the ingredients to make the Red Gold “Simple Gourmet Lasagna”
To enter, visit https://www.facebook.com/RedGold (give them a “like” if you haven’t already) and click the Red Gold “Simply Fun, Simply You” Lasagna Party Sweepstakes Tab. Follow the on-screen instructions provided. It’s that simple.
The sweepstakes is limited to one entry per person, but you can share the sweepstakes with family and friends to earn additional entries for the Grand Prize. Please note, your family and friends must enter the sweepstakes using the link you sent in the personal message from the “share” page to be considered a referral.