New “To Do” before Baby
So we have our list of things we want to get done over the next year, but now that we are having a baby, certain things need to be moved to more important on the list and others won’t really matter so much. I put together a new “to do” list so we have something to refer to. I’m leaving our 2013 list as is for now though.
- Mulch – 1/2 done
- Replace fence gates/sides
- Buy more soil to fill garden bag – may skip this
Buy bell and hot pepper plants to put in the garden– July
- Plant more blueberry bushes for the side of the house
Plant a dwarf Japanese maple at the corner of the house– July
- Get rid of some of the ugly landscaping bushes or at least tame them – again.
Make shaded garden MUCH smaller because nothing good is going on in thereLo already did this
- Add hostas to the side of the house (probably when we split our enormous ones in the fall) – Split and moved some, but not most
Stain the deck– Finally stopped raining mid-July! Buy our patio set from ikeaGot it on Saturday, though we need to buy 4 more chairs when they are back in stock Fill and put out railing planters/hanging baskets– some of the flowers are already dying!
- Maybe ad some flower power amongst the out of control hostas in the front
- Get hose bib in the back fixed
- Switch out storm door for screen door on front (maybe orb the front door hardware bc the brass worn/scratched)
- Replace carpet with wood floors – bought….just need to pick up and install
- Buy rugs for living and dining room
- Decide if we want to paint downstairs
beforeafter we replace floors – decided we’d wait to see if we can live with the color
- Decide what to do with bedroom flooring – going to see what we think about the downstairs flooring before deciding
- Refinish dresser/desk/nightstand set – stripped the desk – just need to paint. We don’t need the other pieces yet.
Hang stuff on walls– seriously, this is out of control – I just need to commit! We have so far hung one more picture…struggling with the where’s/what’s right now. We hung more!
- Build shelves in crawlspace
- Add cabinet door to back of peninsula
- Divide some of the shelves in my closet system
- Paint/rehang basement stairs railing
- Recover/refinish window seat – mostly refinished (may need another coat), still needs recovered
- Refinish coffee table or buy storage ottoman for sectional – I think we’re going with an ottoman
Buy lamps for around sectionalBought at ikea
- Stabilize and maybe re-paint main stairs railing
- Hang decals
- Security bars or alarm for basement windows
- Patch kitchen counter, maybe paint?
- Buy fire extinguishers for upstairs and basement
Boof is getting a belly rub, but you can see our new couch, lamps, and art in the front room.
- Anchor large furniture and tv (our baby may not need this for awhile, but we have enough visiting babies that we should just do it now)
- Decorate nursery (kind of a nature look): paint or buy tree decals
- Reconfigure nursery closet- replace wire racks with real shelves – add curtain, buy baskets
- Refinish glider (mom to recover cushions) – picked out gray corduroy and mom took cushions home to recover.